Saturday, March 28, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate and Chocolate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

We were invited to a bbq today, and I volunteered to bring cookies. Being the indecisive sort and hoping to please everyone with one flavor or the other, I made two kinds. These are from Barefoot Contessa Parties!, and she actually shows three types of cookies in that book. I skipped the basic chocolate chunk cookie because I only had so much time and chocolate, and I really wanted to try the other two. The chocolate white chocolate chunk one drew me in because white chocolate is just the best, and the peanut butter chocolate chunk would obviously be delicious too.

I used Callebaut chocolates for these cookies. Their white chocolate is far and away better than other brands I’ve tried, and their 60% cacao bittersweet worked perfectly with the peanut butter. These are very straightforward cookies, and once the chocolate was chopped, it was all downhill. My peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies didn’t spread quite as much as the white chocolate chunk ones, but other than that there were no issues here. Well, there was one issue. Which flavor was better? Kurt decided the white chocolate narrowly edged out the peanut butter. I also loved the big chunks of white chocolate nestled into the cocoa-rich cookies, but the savory peanuttiness with the dark chocolate was just as appealing. Let me taste them one more time, or two more times, and I’ll get back to you about which one is better.



16 comments:

  1. please, pleeeasee, pop one in my mouth and I'll be very very grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These yummy cookies will be the best friend of my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look amazing! I like to bring a couple different dishes to BBQs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would of had a hard time choosing a favorite! I love white chocolate and peanut butter! I would of had to eat equal amounts of each, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cookies look and sound delicious and irresistable to me! Can I have some for sampling?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of those cookies look scrumptious! I would love to try some! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. there would be no picking one or the other for me--i'd be forced to consume several of each variety. those chunks are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the coffee ready will you send me over a cookie. They look great love all of the chunks or hunks .

    ReplyDelete
  9. They both look fabulous to me! I am not a huge white chocolate fan, but I do LOVE it in cookies. I'll have to try those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so many delicious looking cookies! i want them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm - how come my cookies NEVER turn out like this? Mine always come out like a doughy mess. LOL - these look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't made cookies since christmas. You are triggering me to try a batch with your beautiful recipe : )

    I have just moved to my new domain. Scary to press the button.
    http://www.gourmettraveller88.com Hope to see you there : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, you are speaking to us in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  14. umm... I'm hosting a, um... bbq...???

    Agreed on the Callebaut white chocolate being the best (at least widely available) on the market.

    I recently splurged $12 on an Amedei Chuao bar. If you like bitter/dark chocolate I highly recommend getting your hands on one of those.

    Damn you Lisa. I have homemade cinnamon rolls and homemade coffee ice cream at home, and now I have to make cookies. I'm never coming back here ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello big plate of goodness...

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips